Sunday, January 8, 2012

Appetites Obstruct Our Intimacy But the Key is Found in Love

Psalms, Prayers, and Devotionals



Dear Lord,
          Help me to overcome my wants and desires, these appetites that obstruct our intimacy.  Purify my soul and establish clean courage within me.  I pray not to repeat the same mistakes of old.  Remind me of your calling and Kingdom.  Whisper in my ear and awaken my heart to Your Presence when that deceiver seeks my soul.  Let me remain as a chaste virgin for You.
     Lord, I recognize how sick I am, how far away I am from these ideals You implanted in my heart, the beauty and splendor of Your perfection.  I recognize how much I need Your Healing.  I trust and know You can fix me.  Thank You for forgiving these scars I inflict upon You.  I mourn at my impotency and incompetence to please You.  Helpless am I to perform.  But in this grief and knowledge of my inadequacy I have been kissed by You, enlightened by You, redeemed by You.  At my darkest moment Your Light shone upon me and You revealed Your Grace beyond measure, the key found in Love.
     Lord, I recall it was in my decision to Love that You first revealed Yourself to me.  I remember that before I knew You and only hoped in Your existence, the choice to Love opened me for the day You would present Your Good News.  Thank You for abiding in my heart.  Thank you for times of pleasant manners and eloquent communication in human interactions.
     Thanks be to God Jesus Christ, Most Blessed and Precious Savior.  Amen.
Larry Word

No comments:

Post a Comment