Friday, January 6, 2012

Blinded by Pure Light, Love Redeemed Me

Psalms, Prayers, and Devotionals


     Jesus, keep me from the fall, the mundane descent into gross matter and material things of this world.  Cursed am I to wear this stigma, yet an enigma calls out my name.  Blinded by pure Light, Love redeemed me.
     I am led by the hand out of this abyss, out of the cave of darkness and into a new hopeful existence.  I testify of Love beyond comprehension, born in the heart, Love that must be revealed and experienced to be understood. Come taste of His glory.  I reply to the cosmic invitation upon my heart, to enter into the proffered covenant found in Love.  I reply and call out to You my God and Savior.
     Thank You for minor pleasures and the small joys, for the beauty of simplicity.  Renew my purpose in life, my mission, my calling.  Open pathways for deeper intimacy with You.  Love, Possess me with Your Spirit; Sweet Darling, make me to be a fully commanded creature of Yours, passive to Your touch and receptive to Your gentle sway.  I aspire to learn Your wisdom, to share in Your suffering. 
     Thanks for providing me the road less traveled, that straight and narrow gateway into the celestial city.   Thanks be to You, Beloved, for calling a star with my name.  Glory be to You both now and forever.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.
Larry Word

No comments:

Post a Comment