Wednesday, August 15, 2012

So Why am I Cold?


Dearest Master,
        Please don’t let me get cold.  Wrap me in blankets and nestle me into Your heart.  Please don’t let me be dizzy from hanging out upon clouds.. 
     I spin motionless in Your company.  We go places together, journeys into other worlds where people smile all the day long and remain immersed in Your Spirit;  the utopian dream where strangers greet each other with warm embrace and holy kiss in the name of Jesus. 
     Lord, I pray to glimpse into the glorious days of Your kingdom.  I pray to see the lion eat straw and the baby safely play with a snake.  Bring forth Your miracles and accomplish the impossible. I desire to see the world reserved for those who revere You.  Amen
     Peace on earth and goodwill toward men—the ideal of Shalom burns inside of me.  I blame You for putting it there.  I thank You for opening my heart and enlightening my eyes. 
     So why am I still cold?  I grow lukewarm in my associations.  I believe solitude with You can cure me.  You bring me through the valley and give me a path to walk on, a purpose for which to live.  So why am I cold? 
     The shattered glass is nearly mended.  I am just waiting for You to move.   I know You Love me.  I search for You in a church but prefer to experience You in divine communion.   Thank you for not leaving of forsaking me even in my sin.  I trust in Your precious promises.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.
Larry Word

No comments:

Post a Comment