Saturday, October 22, 2011

Grief May Endure a Night, But Joy Comes in the Morning

Devotional Letters, Psalms, and Prayers to God

 
Dearest Beloved,
         Grief endured for a night, but joy came in the morning.  Perfect Love casts out fear, banishes darkness into oblivion.  My Master, thank You for slowly building back a ministry for me, for coming to trust me with some of Your Kingdom and its resources.  Thank You for my prosperity during turbulent times.  I pray that You continue to bless the sheep that respond to Your call.  Most Holy One, won’t You use me to communicate the message of Your grace?  My mind races and I get flooded with ideas and inspiration of how many different ways I might serve You.  My eyes water to feel and sense the wonderful Love You have for me.  Lord, please come take over my life.  I grant You executive position, my Lord, won’t You please be my King?
     There is nothing further I need to prove to myself.  I have shown how truly fallible a man is.  I have fallen from the high summit because of my haughty and presumptuous spirit.  But You are a God of forgiveness, a God of miracles, a God of mercy.  Your praise shall be echoed from the corners of the universe and Your Kingdom shall have no end.
     Master, I pray for yet more humility, for spiritual nourishment that I might grow up to be a tree planted alongside a running river.  Please appoint me to a cabinet post in Your future government.  Please commune with me and enter into a deeper covenant relationship.  With childlike wonder and awe, my spirit is renewed by You daily.  My soul is refreshed to be in Your presence.  It is my desire to one day spend eternity with You, gazing upon Your face. 
     Oh, how I do miss You, my Lord.  You revealed Yourself to me and then dissolved into the sky.  You imputed thy righteousness upon me, awakened my heart to a Love I never imagined existed.  You are beyond what anybody could imagine.  You must be experienced to truly understand.  One can trust You and have a righteous faith, but there is nothing that compares to beholding Your grandeur and living a life in communion.  One must have pure eyes to see; one must be cleansed to behold.  One must woefully accept death before the Light of Truth transforms the heart.  One must hate their own life in order to save it.  Oh Master, indeed grief endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning.  Come forth, Morning Star, come Blessed Master Jesus.  Amen.
Larry Word

No comments:

Post a Comment