Thursday, September 8, 2011

Enlarge My Capacity to Receive You


 Devotional Letters, Psalms, and Prayers to God

Beloved One,
          Creator of heaven and earth, I am nothing that You should think kindly of me and Love me.  Your Love is too much to take in; I scarce have capacity to receive it.  Invoke Your Holy Spirit in me and judge me not harshly for my past foolishness.  Draw from me a clean heart, polished in Truth and obsessed with You.
     My heart palpitates in these rhythmic skips because I am overloaded by Your current.  I feel closer to You as these years pass, as I get closer to my date with death.  Oh sweet death, You have become my friend, for I cannot loathe that which will deliver me to my Lord.
     Garden of Light, prepare Your branches of fruit for me.  I am athirst, my throat parched.  Spoken language is a foreign mode of communications to my spirit.  One day my mind shall process information in its purest essence, without having to translate ideas into words.  One day this angelic war shall play out and God will restore purity to creation.
     My Love, You have faithfully kept me company all my life, even when I did not know You were there.  Thank You.  Please settle me down and soften my heart, that I might receive more of You.  Reveal to me the secrets of Your vaulted treasure.  I am Your inheritance and You have promised me eternal life.  I believe You; I believe in You.  I know You rose from the dead because You live in my heart.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.
Larry Word

No comments:

Post a Comment