Wednesday, September 7, 2011

That Sun of Righteousness Whose Body is Composed of Stars

Devotional Letters, Psalms, and Prayers to God

Father in Heaven,
             Thank You for happiness and peace in this world, for the promised return of Your Son in glory; for the brightness of His coming is already revealed in the hearts of men; that Sun of Righteousness spoken of whose body is composed of stars.  Oh Master, Your brightness has blinded me and I do not want to ever see again.  You gave my life purpose, meaning, joy, Love, and more.  It is a good thing that I have been chastised so that I could be lifted out of degeneracy.  My life swirled out of control because I did not let You control my life.
     Lord, I long for the day when I can prove better than my wanting past.  I shall strive and aspire; I shall trust in You and walk courageously.  Please open me up; open my pathways to reflect Your Love.  Own me Lord, leave me not without to do.  Only in service to You and others shall I ever be satisfied.
     Thank You for Your miracles and for faith.  I Love relying on You, but I get so impatient and feel so inadequate.  I am so thankful to have You, my Conqueror, living inside of me.  It is one thing to know You, what a blessing indeed, but it is even better to know You and sense Your active agency working through me, the Power of the Holy Spirit.  For this I shout for joy.  You transmit messages, Your correspondence inspires my heart.  I pray that my sacrifices be pleasing to You. 
     I feel alive when we work together.  Let us dance.  I shall lead my life as Your servant, and even as Your son; one day I shall govern with You.  Wisdom shall dwell in my character.  Please Lord, let it be so.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.
Larry Word

No comments:

Post a Comment