Friday, November 18, 2011

As a Gentle Breeze Sweeps Away Powder, You Make Me Passive to Your Touch

Psalms, Prayers, and Devotionals



Dearest Master,
         You uplift my inward parts and give me new direction.  You take control of me as I submit, as a gentle breeze sweeps away powder, You make me so passive to Your touch.
     Father, nurse me to life, through these revolving cycles of wake and sleep.  Tune me as an instrument to be played.  Bless the works of my hands and keep me a humble man.  Accept these sacrifices and devotion to You; receive me as I am—one who is unworthy of You; one who is imperfect and flawed.  Please receive me as I am and straighten me out.  Could it be that the more I have lost means the more I realize my need for You?  Oh, the mystery of grace, how sweet it is!
     Beloved, I know that miracles are real, for the relationship we share is full of them.  I have become destitute and You have enriched me.  I became blind and You healed me.  Now I ask how You want Your resources allocated.  Make me a good steward over Your possessions. 
     There is a way that seems right to a man, but I seek the counsel of God.  Father, thank You for another chance, for the hope that pours forth from my heart.  I know not where You want me to go, or what You want me to do, but I put one foot in front of the other and go to a land that You will show me.  I move at Your command and seek that spiritual promise. Help me grow in Your Spirit.  Guide me in all things.  Praise, honor, and glory be to You my Master, Jesus.  Amen.
Larry Word

No comments:

Post a Comment